Waterside

It was just about last night when I had myself a dream
Or so it did seem, I was living down by the waterside
Everything around me wasn't like in other dreams
When the circus man and tailor came tugging at my seams

The circus man, he lept up laughing, pointed right at me
Said, you've finally come to the right place, but it's best that you soon leave
The tailor man, he slightly grinned, tipped his hat with glee, saying
I do not know him, but it's best that you know me

There I was, and I swear
Everything was fine
As the dreams filled my eyes
Living down by the waterside

The tailor, he showed me a life behind the walls of dreams
Of countless unseen visions both beautiful and obscene
There were paupers, there were poets, there were cops, and crooks, and thieves
There were circus men, and tailors, and there was you and me

There we were, and I swear
Everything was fine
As the dreams filled our eyes
Living down by the waterside

No comments:

Post a Comment