Sunday Morning Sunshine

His angel wings are growing thin, his pilots light's gone out again
His eyes are heavy, he staggers in, no need to ask him where he's been
He's got faded colors on his priestly robes, his hair's kinda knappy, but his heart is gold
His hands are dirty, and his feet are bare, but a brother is a brother and we don't care

Sunday morning sunshine
Shining down to warm my bones
Summer's come, and the days grow long
Come the fall, I'll be going home

He's the angel of the family, if you look real hard, then you will see
Everyone around you's got the love inside, you can see the light shining in their eyes
There's an angel, he's in my town, lives right up the street from me
Mostly keeps all to himself, and to other people's dreams

Sunday morning sunshine
Shining down to warm my bones
Summer's come, and the days grow long
Come the fall, I'll be going home

I've been looking 'round and I've been hearing crazy sound
The sky is crying, dawn is breaking, Babylon in falling down
Everywhere a will is broken, everywhere a freedom stolen
Sky is crying, dawn is breaking, Babylon is falling down

No comments:

Post a Comment