Fall of David

Take me down to that old country, Lord
On a train bound for glory
Where the peace is the same, only brighter
Lord, I think you owe me

My time had come, hello, my friend, we meet again...how ya been
He looked away and stole a grin
Lit a smoke with a hint of sin, said
"Things are lookin' better"

Tell me again, my memory don't serve me well, my friend
Tell me again who I am
A rich man, a poor man, a lover or a fighter
Or am I too far gone

We made our way to the land of days where children sing
Playing tricks on their shadows
And for these days, to you I give my love
And a song, I give to the wind

Tell me again, my memories don't serve me well, my friend
Tell me again who I am
A rich man, a poor man, a lover, a fighter
A beggar, a thief, the jury or liar
Or am I too far gone

And in the rain with you, my friend, we smiled again
And the sky, it filled with laughter
Then a child, he cried
I touched him, Lord
He looked up and he smiled
He looked up at me, and he smiled

No comments:

Post a Comment